Manufacturer's Part Numbers
Assign and manage approved manufacturers for your purchased parts.
Problem... SyteLine does not allow for multiple manufacturers per Vendor per Item Manufacturer's, especially in the electronics industry. Buyers must be careful when buying parts for their assemblies. While many suppliers offer components that appear to meet the need of the project, specifications vary significantly from one source to the next. Thus a design engineer must specify the exact manufacturer and part that are approved for purchase. In many cases, more than one manufacturer may furnish an adequate component, and purchasing must be kept aware of which one's are allowed. While SyteLine provides for a cross-referencing of Vendors to an inventory item, the same vendor may carry multiple manufacturers of the component and this is not currently visible in standard software.
Solution... LogicData's Manufacturer's Part Number utility provides the tracing and information flow to fulfill these needs.
- Master listing of manufacturer's
- Master listing of manufacturer's part numbers that are equivalent to a specific SyteLine Inventory par, allowing you to designate which are approved.
- Approved, not-approved and pending status for each manufacturer's part
- Look up at Purchase Order Entry of approved manufacturers for part in question
- Look up at Current Material for approved manufacturers for that BOM
- Select specific manufacturer's part number that are acceptable for this PO or BOM
- List the manufacturer's part number on the purchase order (see sample)
Price: $2,500 / Annual Maintenance: $500
Available for SyteLine Versions 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8